Sunday, April 19, 2015

Art in the Future Market

It was my first time to visit 98B's Future Market in Escolta. (I know, i know it took a while, I'm busy okay! :) )  We have a passion project coming up details on this soon. :) So we went there to look at the place and took some photos. Of course I wasn't able to stop myself from looking and admiring works from awesome artists there! And I ended up spending more than what I'm supposed to. haha

The Ocular Team
From left to right: Chay, Franz, Bryan, Mita, Future Market poster

Fist stop was Ardie Aquino's Eddie comic. I like it because first it is a one off, second it was funny, and most of all because the illustration is cute! :) You can check out his fb page here. The 24 page comic costs Php 70, and some smaller ones are Php 30 I think.



Fan mode on! Ardie Aquino Comics
Next stop is Hapiwasabi by Karen Versoza. :) I love her minimalist style these postcards are sold for Php50/ea and the black and white print for Php 30. :) She also has framed pieces that are priced at Php300 and up. I plan to frame these postcards and post it on my wall for inspiration.





The artist signing her print. :)

I love the simplicity of this illustration.



And Cheryl Owen I love her work and so spot on the future market's theme of sorbetes.
I bought her digital print for Php200. You can also buy her original artwork for 4k.



Overall my first Future Market is awesome! I love the artist vibe and the entrepreneurial spirit.
Which made me think of selling some of my own stuff too! :)

I didn't stay too long because it was so hot! The sorbetes theme made me crave for Big Scoop ice cream, which luckily was just a few steps away from 98B.


No comments:

Post a Comment