Friday, May 30, 2014

How I Got a Signed Print of Armand Serrano

For those of you who doesn't know Armand Serrano, he is a pinoy artist known for his works in Walt Disney & Sony Pictures. He's worked on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Brother Bear, Lilo & Stitch to name a few. He also did a talk for Graphica Manila a few years ago and that was where I first saw him I remembered him because of his puppycorn illustration for Cloudy with a Chance of meatballs (puppy + unicorn = puppycorn!).


 So how did I get a copy of his print?! Simple I taught at Tradeschool. Whaaaaat I don't see the connection?

Well, it started with a series of fortunate events. :) 2months ago my cousin pushed me to teach at tradeschool. I signed up and got a schedule for the workshop and barter trade.

The items i requested are the ff:
  • blog post 
  • art book
  • watercolor paper
  • starbucks GC
  • cellphone load for tradeschool
  • volunteer/teach at tradeschool
After the class one of the participant gave me the signed print! :)
She said that she was supposed to barter a blog post but gave me the signed print instead! :)
Which made me smile from ear to ear! So next time someone asks you to teach just say yes! :)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment