Saturday, June 22, 2013

Leo the Lion step by step

Leo the lion commish. One more artwork and i'm done with my animal commish. I haven't used watercolor for 2 weeks, i missed it so much i got carried away with the details for this project, i'm currently doing a lot of digital paintings, which unfortunately I can't show to you yet. (my eyes are turning red staring at the monitor for days!!!) Anyway here is my step by step process for this piece. 

sketching
To start I looked at lion images in google, then i started sketching breaking down the image to basic shapes. I did  a few and sketches and decided to create this one. 

adding the base color
I did a very light line drawing and added the base color, using wash technique for the sky, I also added yellow for the face and body.

fill in the colors, adding lines
Next step is to add solid thick and thin lines, for the lion's mane and the grass. Using pointillism I added depth and shadow on the lion to make it pop out.

add texture, details

final artwork

And after a few days Leo the lion is done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment