Saturday, June 28, 2014

Do you have a Passion Project?


YOUR ART IS WHAT YOU DO WHEN NO ONE CAN TELL YOU EXACTLY HOW TO DO IT. YOUR ART IS THE ACT OF TAKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, CHALLENGING THE STATUS QUO, AND CHANGING PEOPLE.” SETH GODIN

So What is a passion project? 
It is something that you work on (painting, writing a book, growing a garden) that makes you happy, satisfied, and puts you in the zone. It’s something that makes you stay up to 3 in the morning!
You do it for your own enjoyment and not because of the money.


Benefits of Passion Projects:

  • Decreases stress levels:
    One thing I noticed when I'm doing my passion project is that I get to relax. After painting or drawing I feel happier. (That's why I always try to paint first thing in the morning.)
  • Improves your skill:
    Of course the more I paint/draw the better I get.
  • You become more productive:
    Instead of checking my facebook, or surfing the net aimlessly, I get to make better use of my time
  • Sometimes you get to earn from it:
    And last but not the least I was able to get commissioned paintings and turn some of my works into postcards and sell it.  

My latest passion project is this children's book written by Sofia Santiago.
It's still in the early stages but hopefully we can have it out before the year ends.
We are still developing the main character, will update you as we go along. :)






Start your Passion Project Now!
Starting something is not easy, that's why I suggest that you make it a habit.
Start to sketch daily for a month and see what happens. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment